Walk With Me

When Naomi saw that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped trying to persuade her. The two of them traveled until they came to Bethlehem. 
Ruth 1:18-19 HCSB




Spring has sprung in my town!
We had a beautiful day full of sunshine and warmth.

I had the pleasure of taking a walk outside with a dear friend this afternoon. As much as I love walking alone, talking with God, enjoying His creation, listening to His voice, and absorbing His peace, I adore meandering with a girlfriend. Strolling side by side presents opportunity for precious moments of insight, sharing, and encouragement. Companionship is something we all too often take for granted. Have you ever been overwhelmingly busy and surrounded by people, yet felt lonely and longing for comradery? As God's children, created in His image, we are made for relationship. If you are seeking it, most likely others around you are too!

Read today's key verse again. I love God's women in the book of Ruth. You will hear me refer to Ruth and Naomi often. They stir a passion inside me. Devoted to one another, together these ladies travel life's journey through dark, desperate valleys and tall, triumphant mountaintops. I admire their dedication to one another and their fidelity to God.




I encourage you this week to reach out to a female friend and and ask her to take a walk. It can be a five minute jaunt around the block or a 45 minute hike in the woods; the duration or length matter not. The invitation alone says, "Hey, you are in my thoughts, and you are important to me." The time spent together is irreplaceable. Laughter, tears, smiles, memories, emotions, embarrassing moments...you never know what you will encounter along the pathway. Drink it in, ladies. This is the stuff that enriches our lives!

I wish I had the time and proximity to walk with each one of you! Please know that I am alongside you in my heart, and you always have an open invitation should you be in the area! Thank you for walking through life with me in blog form. You inspire and motivate me. I love you all!

PS If anyone has it in your heart to ask me to run with you instead of walk, I need to hear from you soon. I am getting a blogger's butt--that is a bad, very bad, thing to have at any time, but especially in the spring and summer! Let's roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment